Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12 of 12

Once again, I am at my home away from home (Las Vegas). So my 12 of 12 is from there today. Check out Chad's website to see what everyone else did today.

8:30 am Las Vegas : Leaving my hotel. I though the picture of the contrail going into the sun looked neat.

12:30 pm Las Vegas : Skip forward a few hours, which were spent on Nellis Air Force Base where I couldn't take pictures. Lunch at one of my favorite places, Sammy's! Grilled chicken salad with homemade basil balsamic vinaigrette with feta and walnuts.

4:30 pm Las Vegas : Skip forward another few hours of work where I couldn't take pictures. I spent a lot of time in the car today so this is what I saw a lot. It amazes me that I drove 175 miles today and never left the city limits.

6:20 pm Las Vegas : Watching the sunset before I go meet with someone else.

9:30 pm Bellagio : I finally finished work so I went over to the Bellagio conservatory to see the fall exhibit they had set up. This was a real pumpkin and huge!

9:30 pm Bellagio : "Fantasy Tree" which was made of 420,000 feet of willow branches.

9:30 pm Bellagio : A "working" Venus Fly Trap.

9:30 pm Bellagio : A whole bunch of ornamental peppers.

9:30 pm Bellagio : The Man in the Tree.

9:30 pm Bellagio : Another real HUGE pumpkin.

9:30 pm Bellagio : An even bigger, although slight discolored, pumpkin.

9:30 pm Bellagio : The size of the above pumpkin. Half a ton!

Thanks for joining me today in my endeavors. Only two more months left of 12 of 12 so let's make it two good months!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa... those are some giant pumpkins. The Tree makes me think of the movie "Pan's Labyrinth"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little tour of Vegas! And wow, that's something to drive so far and never leave the city limits...

    Sorry for the late comment – I also posted my 12 of 12 late, doh!
    http://dogearedphotos.blogspot.com/2010/10/12-of-12-v50-october.html

    Helen (Dogeared)

    ReplyDelete